Rootgrow for Bare Root Plants - Mycorrhizal Fungi Granules with Dipping Gel - 360g
Rootgrow powder with gel is designed to treat bare root plants such as hedging, fruit canes, roses and trees.
- Plant roots establish fast with Rootgrow
- Encourages more fibrous root growth
- Plants can withstand dry conditions better
- Better uptake of water and nutrients
- Specially formulated for bare root plants such as hedging, fruit canes, roses and trees
- 360g pack will treat up to 150 bare root plants depending on the root size
This product is a two-step process, firstly you mix the enclosed sachet of powder with water to create a gel, add the Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi granules, stir well and then dip the roots of your plants to be treated into this solution.How to Use Rootgrow with gel for bare root plants
Designed for use with bare-root plants, trees and hedges:
- Fill a bucket with 4 litres of cold water
- Sprinkle the contents of the gel powder sachet and stir well
- Leave for 5 minutes then add the dry Rootgrow Granules and stir well
- Drip the plant roots into the solution ensuring an even coverage
- Lift the plants, drain excess and plant immediately.
|Plant height||ml Per Plant||Treated Plants Per Pack|
|1 ft||3||125 - 150|
|1-2 ft||4||90 - 120|
|2-3 ft||5||70 - 100|
|3-4 ft||7||50 - 75|
|4-5 ft||9||40 - 60|
|5-6 ft||10||35 - 50|
|Rose (2-3 ft)||10||35 - 50|
Bare root plants are those that are grown outdoors in the ground and are lifted out of the soil when the plants are not growing during the winter. They have very little soil on them so this gel product is ideal as it will stick to the roots.
Rootgrow with gel for bare root plants will not work on brassicas or acid-loving plants such as azaleas, rhodoendrons, heathers, cranberries or blueberries. For these plants use Rootgrow Ericoid.