Rootex Root Control Bags - 10, 18, 45, 95 Litre Bags
Rootex bags are ideal for planting both directly into the ground or in pots and containers. The inside of the bag has a copper-based coating to prevent root tips from penetrating the bag and also creating a fibrous root system allowing better uptake of water and nutrients. Ideal for use with most plants and a few examples are shown below:
- Fruit bushes especially those that fruit better with restricted roots e.g. figs, blueberries, mulberries
- Apple trees, pear trees, ornamental trees, shrubs, perennials
- Plants that require lifting for the winter e.g. Dahlias, Gladioli, bulbs
- Ideal to use to help plants from getting too big
- Allows the moving plants around without disturbing the root growth
The Rootex bags look square in the picture due to the way they are sewn but will naturally form a round shape when filled. Therefore, side measurements and diameter are given along with depth.
We have five standard size Rootex bags:
- 10 litre bag - 16cm x 16cm (6" x 6") giving a diameter of 20cm (8") , 24cm (10") depth - ideal for smaller, herbaceous perennials, herbs & bulbs
- 18 litre bag - 24cm x 24cm (8" x 8") giving a diameter of 30cm (12"), 35cm (14") depth - great for small shrubs, herbaceous perennials, herbs & bulbs, as well as fruit that requires restricting such as blueberries.
- 45 litre bag - 30cm x 30cm (12" x 12") giving a diameter of 38cm (15"), 45cm (18") depth - for medium shrubs, large herbaceous perennials, figs, fruit trees & fruit bushes
- 95 litre bag - 45cm x 45cm (18" x 18") giving a diameter of 57cm (23"), 45cm (18") depth - suitable for small to medium trees, figs & fruit trees
Other sizes can be made to order please phone or contact us by email for further information.