Supreme Green Lawn Grass Seed with Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi - 500g & 1kg
RHS Approved & Endorsed Product
This plant or soil product containing mycorrhizal fungi has received the Royal Horticultural Society's approval.
Empathy's Supreme Green Lawn Seed with Rootgrow with mycorrhizal fungi is suitable for creating new lawns, overseeding or repairing worn patches
- Supreme Green Lawn Seed produces tough-wearing grasses with vitality.
- Supreme Green Lawn Speed contains Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi which accelerates the uptake of water and nutrients, reducing the risk of patching and effects of compaction.
A single pack can be used a follows:
- 500g for 14 sqm of new lawn or up to 20 sq m as patch and repair
- 1kg for 28 sq m of new lawn or up to 40 sq m as patch and repair.
Normal sowing time in the Spring or Autumn. If sowing in summer months be careful not to do it when the soil is very dry so the roots can't grow down. Mid-September is a good month when the soil temperature is still warm but there is likely to be moisture in the air with dew at night.
How to sow a lawn with Supreme Green Lawn Grass Seed with Rootgrow
Prepare your new lawn area by digging over thoroughly, removing stones, weeds and debris.
- Firm the area - Tread and rake in one direction, repeat treading and rake in the opposite direction
- Sow Supreme Lawn Seed - You'll need around 35g per sq m
- Lightly Rake - Until your seed is covered
- Water thoroughly, be careful not to wash any seeding away. Continue to regularly water the new area until the new lawn has been established.
How to repair a patchy or worn lawn with Supreme Green Lawn Grass Seed with Rootgrow
To start you'll need to ensure your grass is shorter than normal, mow to 15mm (or 1 inch).
- Remove moss and leaves by scarifying the area, then aerate using a garden fork
- Sow Supreme Lawn Seed - You'll need 25g per sq m.
- Cover the seed with light soil and sand mixture
- Water thoroughly, be careful not to wash any seeding away. Continue to regularly water the new area until a new lawn has been established.